eMarketer Pro
Overall Mobile App Performance Metrics
Mobile Advertising Performance Benchmarks
Mobile Apps
Overall Mobile App Performance Metrics
Finance App Performance Metrics
Gaming App Performance Metrics
Shopping App Performance Metrics
Retention vs. Abandonment Rates
Mobile Email
Open Share
Click Share
Mobile Search
Referral Share, by Search Engine
Paid Search CTR
Mobile Paid Search Clicks
Mobile Commerce
Average Visit Duration
Conversion Rates
Add-to-Cart Rates
Average Order Values
Mobile Social
Referral Share, by Social Network
Mobile Video
Campaign Share, by Industry
Clickthrough Rates (CTR)
Completion Rates
Mobile Display
Clickthrough Rates (CTR)
Paid Search Conversion Rates
Engagement Rate
Viewability Rates
 
Edit Title
Mobile App Performance Metrics, Worldwide
TimeframeFeb 2016Mar 2016Apr 2016May 2016Jun 2016
Average cost per registration
$9.79
$10.75
$8.53
$7.83
$6.88
Maximum of two rows can be charted.
Deselect another chart icon to add this one.
Average cost per reservation
$41.12
$47.62
$38.76
$35.80
$28.76
Maximum of two rows can be charted.
Deselect another chart icon to add this one.
Average cost per purchase
$71.57
$79.29
$61.46
$49.30
$43.80
Maximum of two rows can be charted.
Deselect another chart icon to add this one.
Average cost per subscription
$247.45
$287.51
$257.65
$210.06
$164.73
Maximum of two rows can be charted.
Deselect another chart icon to add this one.
Average cost per in-app purchase
$79.25
$62.11
$69.68
$59.71
$50.77
Maximum of two rows can be charted.
Deselect another chart icon to add this one.

Source: Liftoff

Note: represents activity on Liftoff's platform, broader industry metrics may vary

Additional Note: cost per registration = cost to acquire a mobile user from a paid app install campaign who creates an account in an app; cost per reservation = cost to acquire a mobile user who makes a travel reservation, such as a flight or hotel room, or makes a restaurant reservation; cost per purchase = cost to acquire a mobile user who completes a first purchase; cost per subscription = cost to acquire a mobile user who subscribes to a paid service; cost per in-app purchase = cost to acquire a mobile user who completes a first in-app purchase in a mobile game

Methodology: Data is from the October 2016 Liftoff report titled "Mobile App Engagement Index: January-June 2016." Liftoff analyzed activity on its platform, covering 7.3 million app installs and 65 million post-install events between January 1-June 30, 2016. 5 app categories were included: finance, gaming, shopping, travel and utility. North America accounted for 67% of analyzed activity, with the remaining 33% in Asia, Europe, South America and the Middle East. Liftoff is a provider of mobile app marketing and engagement services.